This is a safe space, right? My name is Brad and I have death wobble. Or, should I say, had death wobble. My stock tie rod was frowning (bent) and was effecting the alignment of the Jeep. Like most Jeeps with death wobble it presented itself at road speeds of 35-55 mph. Any uneven or bumpy road could awaken the wobble monster. Enter Teraflex. Ahhhhhhh. This kit is pure beef. The TeraFlex HD Tie Rod & Drag Link Kit are designed for extreme conditions that typically cause factory steering components to bend and fail. I haven’t put it through it’s paces yet. But, I’m sure that will happen in the future. These parts ought to out last the Jeep. The quality and overkill is evident. I was crazy busy with work. So, the guys at Axleboy in St. Peters, Mo installed it and performed a spot on alignment.
Teraflex HD Tie Rod Features:
- HD 1.6” O.D. 4140 heat treated chromoly
- Over 200% stronger than factory tie rod
- Forged tie rod end housing designed specifically for JKs
- Allows proper clearance for use with factory 17” wheels
- Tie rod end joint incorporates same features found in TeraFlex ball joints, including 4140 chromoly ball/stud and 1045 carbon steel housing
- Also features adjustable preload tension to ensure proper long term durability
- Includes the clamp #1123160, or the TeraFlex Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit
The joint is pressed into the rod end housing and secured with a snap ring. When oriented in the Tie Rod configuration, the joint offers a total of 14 degrees movement to minimize tie rod roll, but will still allow maximum turning.
Teraflex HD Drag Link Features:
- 1.25” O.D. fully forged drag link eliminates excess movement during hard steering maneuvers
- Utilizes oversized DOM factory style adjusting collar and pinch clamp for simple adjustments
- Tie rod end joint incorporates same features found in TeraFlex ball joints, including 4140 chrome moly ball/stud and 1045 carbon steel housing
- Adjustable preload tension to ensures proper long term durability
- Joint is pressed into rod end housing and secured with snap ring
- Fits OEM 17″ wheel
Here’s my bent stock setup.
Compared to the beefy Teraflex HD Tie Rod & Drag Link. Yum.
It’s a worthy upgrade. I should have done it sooner.