CQuartz DLux Wheel Well Treatment
CQuartz DLux is a semi permanent coating that bonds to plastic and rubber to protect the surface from the elements while restoring their appearance. This product has more than 50% pure silica (the main ingredient in glass). So, this is basically a glass coating that helps cut future cleaning time in half. A typical application will last a year. The active ingredient of DLux is orgnosilane, a compound that repels water and dirt. It also offers strong UV protection. This might be the perfect product for the undercarriage of a Jeep.
It is important to apply the product to a very clean, dry surface. Before I applied the product I used a 3,000 PSI power washer to blast away winter salt, SMORR mud and brake dust. To further encourage a super clean surface for DLux to adhere to, I used Zep 505 degreaser, a brush and some elbow grease. It’s not enough to spray the degreaser on and rinse it off. It needs to be worked on the surface with a brush, then rinsed. Once the wheel well is clean, use a microfiber towel to wipe the surface dry.
- Make sure the surface is cool and dry.
- Wrap the blue sponge with a suede cloth. Pour a small amount of DLux onto the suede cloth and apply on the work surface. (Recommendation: 1~2drops)
- Let cure 1~10 minutes at 50–86° F.
- Use a clean auto detailing cloth or suede microfiber to wipe it off gently, in a circle motion until no streaks are left.
- DLux takes 1~3 hours to cure. Do not drive the car during this time. The product is fully cured in 24 hours. Any water marks created by rain during first 24 hours must be wiped off.
Kit Comes With:
- CQUARTZ DLUX Product (Bottle)
- 1 blue sponge applicator
- 4 suede microfiber squares
I purchased this product from Auto Geek.